Collingsworth County Courthouse
In 1931, the second and current Collingsworth county courthouse was constructed on the square of Wellington. Constructed in Texas Renaissance-style architecture it is built of brick with stone accents. The county is named for James Collinsworth, (with no "g") whose name was misspelled in the legislation that established the county. He was the first chief justice of the Republic of Texas.